Some answers to David Pogue's questions about the technological universe:
* Why is Wi-Fi free at cheap hotels, but $14 a night at expensive ones?
Because you can afford it.
* What happens to software programs when their publishers go out of business?
They persevere on individual computers, in denial of extinction. Sometimes they're just so right you cannot improve upon them.
* Would the record companies sell more music online if it weren't copy-protected?
Of course. I'd start buying and downloading if they stopped treating me like a criminal.
* Do cellphones cause brain cancer?
No I don't know, but they do cause traffic accidents.
* What's the real reason you have to turn off your laptop for takeoff?
To annoy you.
* Why can't a digital S.L.R. camera record video?
Mine can. Yours can't?